To be a world-class water utility providing excellent service and protecting the environment in partnership with the community
We commit to provide safe, adequate and affordable water and sanitation services and to protect the environment through community participation
As Baliwag Water District (BWD) employees, we dedicate ourselves to:
- Excellence. We strive to be a world class water utility providing highest degree of professionalism and service.
- Integrity. We promote accountability, loyalty and transparency in our organization.
- Interdependence. We rely on mutual assistance, support, cooperation, or interaction among constituent parts or members of the water district to attain organizational goals.
- Commitment. We have the devotion to provide excellent service to the citizens of Baliwag.
- Be Proactive. We initiate changes rather than react to events.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Water Safety and Accessibility. ‘Water’ is looked upon as a social and environmental resource. The term ‘right to water’ does not only refer to the rights of people but also to the needs of the environment. As a minimum, the quantity should be sufficient to meet ‘basic human needs’ in terms of drinking, bathing, cleaning, cooking and sanitation. Groundwater is relatively inexpensive, but it is limited in volume and irreplaceable if depleted. Maintaining a safe water supply means that river basins and groundwater are managed in their entirety.
- Excellent service. Excellent service is the process of consistently communicating to all customers – whether it is an internal customer or external customer – that they are valued, and that their satisfaction is paramount to the organization.
- Community Participation. Community participation is defined as a continuous two way process which involves promoting full public understanding of processes and mechanisms through which the community is involved in identifying environmental problems, developing action plans, implementing the best plan and monitoring the impact of such action.
- Environmental Protection. Environmental protection is a practice of making concrete actions in addressing environmental concerns on individual and organizational levels. Environment protection proposes to solve the existing and potential environment problems, harmonize the relationship between human beings and environment and ensure the sustainable development of the economy and society.
- Sanitation Service. Sanitation is a basic, as well as a long-standing, public health issue. It includes the proper disposal of human and industrial wastes and the protection of the water sources. Sanitation is directly related to water quality and water pollution which poses potential health risks. Water sources must be protected prior to consumption. By providing protection to the source, water is available without much treatment.
- Resource management. Resource management is the efficient and effective utilization of an organization’s resources when they are needed. Such resources may include material and human assets.
- Infrastructure and Technology Development. Infrastracture and technology are the vital underlying components in maintaining and sustaining the quality of services of any organization. Continuous development, improvement, and acquisition and upgrading of existing technology are vital in upholding excellent service.